I am hoping to adopt a husband! Please feel free to browse this blog to get a better idea of who I am. I am committed to a strong, open relationship with my future husband's family. If you have any questions e-mail me at jilleb163 AT gmail DOT com. Please pass along my information to any men you may know who are considering marriage.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Let's try this again ...

I haven't updated this blog in forever. Lame.

I didn't think I had anything to say. I mean, this blog was sort of a gimmicky idea and it felt like the cleverness had run its course. But then I thought of all the hoping-to-adopt blogs I read, and how even when there's nothing new that's specific to the adoption world, the blog authors write about their lives so that prospective birth families can get to know them better.

I don't think I've done that at all. How full of fail am I?

So I've decided that I'm going to update a lot more often, mostly with really stupid things about my day or things that make me happy, in case there are any readers who want to get to know me before committing to an "adoption" plan.

Sound good?

I'm going to pretend that all two of my readers answered in the affirmative.

...

Now that I've given myself carte blanche to ramble about whatever the heck I want, I'm going to complain about my air conditioning.

My air conditioning likes to randomly turn off. Sometimes I discover it when I'm at home and I realize it's a little warmer than I like, and other times I don't discover it until I get home from work or somewhere else, and it's 90 inside my condo.

I've had a repairman here twice. The second time he said that the unit was just old and that it was going to keep breaking down. I relayed this information to my landlords. They are, understandably, reluctant to buy a new AC. I've never bought one before but I'm assuming they're ridiculously expensive. Especially here in Phoenix. In a place as hot as this, AC companies can charge pretty much whatever they want to, and we'll pay it, because we have no choice.

I would like a new AC though. Is that awful of me? I mean, I do like my landlords very much. But the old AC is a relic, and my electric bill is pretty scary, and I keep thinking that a quiet, new, Energy Star-compliant AC would be nice. Did I say my electric bill was scary? I should have said my electric bill is a horror film. I can't open an envelope from SRP without first fortifying myself with a piece of chocolate, and sitting down.

Of course, SRP is like the AC companies - they can charge whatever they want per kilowatt-hour, and people here will pay it, because when it is 115 degrees outside, reliable electricity isn't optional. I suppose that strictly speaking they have competition from APS, but the company you buy power from depends on where you live, and I'm in SRP territory.

I just keep reminding myself that in a month or two, the rest of the country will be cold and dark and miserable and eventually buried in snow, and I'll be driving around town with my windows down, wearing short sleeves and flip-flops.

Theoretically.

In practice, living here has made me enough of a wimp that when it dips below 75 outside, I start wearing jackets and shoes that require socks, and drinking hot chocolate to keep warm. I'm not even kidding.

I think that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment