1. I am not afraid of public speaking. In fact, I enjoy it.
2. I don't dot my Is when I write. I also don't cross my capital Js.
3. I have never tipped less than 30% in my life. I usually tip around 50%. I've worked for tips, so I 1) know how lousy most people are at tipping, and 2) appreciate how much it sucks working for tips.
4. I can play the harmonica.
5. I have never been to Mexico.
6. I don't eat anything that swims, in part because
7. I am afraid of fish. Horribly, pathologically afraid of fish. I think if I ever touched one I'd have a seizure.
8. I've had my gallbladder and my tonsils removed.
9. I would rather have a root canal than play a game of Monopoly.
10. I hate competition - anything more intense than a board game is too much for me.
11. I once caught a bat with my bare hands. Not the smartest thing I've ever done.
12. I wrote a cowboy song about my therapist's cat.
13. I am a licensed cosmetologist. And yes, my last name is Barber. Ha-ha.
14. I have been blogging since 1997.
15. I think pigeons are cute.
16. I've taken 4 years of Spanish but I can only really remember the animals and the swears.
17. I'm pretty much unbeatable at Super Mario World.
18. I have never seen "Titanic."
19. My current ringtone is "Fat-Bottomed Girls" by Queen.
20. My first celebrity crush was Kermit the Frog.
21. I am allergic to lavender.
22. I was 5'2 when I turned 11. I was 5'2 when I turned 12. And when I turned 13. And 14, and 15, and 16, and 17, and 18, and 19. When I turned 20, I was 5'3, and I'm still not sure what happened.
23. When I was 12, I wrote a musical political satire set to tunes from "The Phantom of the Opera."
24. I hate wearing long sleeves, even when it's cold out. I always end up pushing them up.
25. I'm really good at untying knots. I just read over that and realized that in the context of marriage, it sounds like I'm good at breaking people up. I'm not. I am good at untying literal knots - like, in rope.